The 13th International Conference on Bioelectromagnetism (ICBEM) will be organized online on 26th - 28th May 2021 under the auspices of the International Society for Bioelectromagnetism (ISBEM). It is endorsed by the International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE).
The 13th ICBEM is jointly organized by
- the Institut für Bioprozess- und Analysenmesstechnik e.V., Heilbad Heiligenstadt, Germany and
- the Max-Planck-Institut for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Leipzig, Germany.
Concerning the focus of the ISBEM, it provides a platform for contributing latest research work in various fields of electromagnetic phenomena at the living matter, for instance:
- Bioelectromagnetic measurement and instrumentation
- Bioelectric and biomagnetic signal processing
- Source imaging and mapping techniques
- Brain-computer interfaces (BCI)
- Mathematical and computer models
- Electric and magnetic stimulation
- Electrical bioimpedance
- Electrical impedance tomography (EIT)
Paper submission is arranged as follows:
- The papers shall include four pages.
- The deadline for the submission is 23.04.2021.
- However, to ensure sufficient time for the review, it is advised to make an earlier submission.
- The papers will be peer-reviewed.
- The accepted papers will be published in the proceedings, which forms an issue of the IJBEM.
- The corresponding author may make a wish on whether the presentation is intended as oral or poster.
- The final decision on this will be made by the congress organization.
- Notification of the acceptance/rejection will be sent to the corresponding author before 30.04.2021.
- The final submission of the paper shall be made before 10.05.2021.
The lectures will be stored as video recordings, which may be viewed later. This facilitates participation in the conference, especially for the participants from overseas.
International Advisory Committee
Internatiomal Journal of
International Society for
Instructions for the Authors
Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Uwe Pliquett
Institute for Bioprocessing and
Analytical Measurement Techniques
37308 Heilbad Heiligenstadt
Phone: +49 (0) 3606 / 671 - 315
Fax: +49 (0) 3606 / 671 - 200
Prof. Dr. habil. Thomas Knösche
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences
Phone: +49 341 9940 2619
Fax: +49 341 9940 2624
ISBEM Secretary, Webmaster|
Prof. Jaakko Malmivuo